1PN51 Scope


Info

High poly section of a 1PN51 Russian night vision scope made in 3ds Max. I left it at the scope base and didn’t make the mount, I may come back and do that at a later date. The box on top of the cylinder is welded to/is the same block in real life so I wanted to try and maintain that. I didn’t know about it at the time, but now if I was doing this in a production environment I would have used a smooth corners shader that saves lots of time on complicated support loops.

Colt 1911

Media

Info

This is one of the first models I ever finished & the first I ever textured. There are some issues with the normals due to me optimising the mesh after baking, in turn messing up the vertex normals, woops! I learnt a lot from this and the rewarding feeling when finished what made me want to continue making 3D models.

My First Character (Low Poly)

Info

One of my second year University projects. This character had some serious limitations, 3K tris & a single 1K Texture map. I started with a base model in 3ds Max then did some sculpting in Zbrush on the character’s body for the normals. I had to work some magic with the cage to not produce artefacts galore in certain areas because the low poly model should still closely match the high poly, there was too big a disparity in this case. I also fiddled with some cloth dynamics to get the clothes draping in a realistic manner, rather than sculpting. I’m not too impressed with myself for this one, but it’s my first ever character and with such a heavy limitation.